Oct 24, 2020
WWJD Goes Deep #13 The Dog Decides the tool
So many folks are polarized by all of the different training tools out there with lots of opinions and lot of hate towards certain tools. The thing is that the dog determines the tools that are used. Different dogs have different motivations, both as rewards to teach a command and a punisher to stop a command. What is socially acceptable may not work, and what is not socially acceptable may work. We have stopped some pretty dangerous behaviors with just a water bottle, but most dogs don't care about it. If a water bottle stop a behavior isn't that a good punisher though? Why is that acceptable more than an ecollar? We have dogs that blow through ecollars and dont care but a cotton towel (bonker make a big difference and stops a behavior) instead of us the human deciding what the motivator is (we train with food and many dogs are not food motivated so we need to come up with some other motivator to teach the obedience commands) listen to the dog.
Shop a hand picked selection of items used at Solid K9 Training & by Jeff Gellman... https://www.amazon.com/shop/solidk9training
Solid K9 Training
• Solid K9 Training http://solidk9training.com/
• Jeff Gellman Seminars ... https://www.jeffgellmanseminars.com/
• Trick Training ... https://cooldogtricks.com/
• Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Solid-K9-Training/140229622668254
• Instagram SolidK9Training
• Patreon ... www.patreon.com/solidk9training
• Twitch ... https://www.twitch.tv/solidk9training
• Joelle's Patreon ... https://www.patreon.com/joellegifford
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to my channel!